Friday, July 21, 2006

So you had a bad day....

A fitting song for a not so great Friday. I thought it was unneeded irony when they played the "So you had a bad day" song whenever anyone got booted off American Idol, but sometimes you just need a theme song. And today it seems to be mine.

It all started with FINALLY getting our Internet at home to work after 3 days or so, I thought we were on an upswing. So then I went and took a hasty shower...already running late...grabbed my spiffy new pants to iron them, and they had TWO BLACK SPOTS on the cuff! Sure why not. So I went and pulled another pair of pants that also needed ironing (ill effects of moving!), and as I turned them over to get the other side...MYSTERY SPOTS! You have got to be kidding me. So then I go and find other pants...super wrinkled, but no, I'll wear a dress. But wait will this go over with my new brand of clients, so I choose a more conservative dress and sweater in the 105 degree heat.

So go to work and get there on time...will things be better. Um, no...my first big boo boos for a client. That made me angry and so the day has continued in a downward slump. This is when I could totally use Adam Sandler's remote control to fast forward the rest of this day.

Oh if only 5:30 would come sooner so I can start my 20 minute traffic commute. I need a nap!

5 comments:

Lydia said...

Aw, sorry about the bad day! :(

The good news is that it's Friday, and the weekend is just an afternoon away!

Hope thing look up for you!!

KarenD said...

Yay! You posted! But where are the mystery black spots coming from?

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your Friday. Hope your weekend is good, you're getting unpacked at the new place, and things are going smoothly with wedding plans. You have a lot of positives in your life right now; count your blessings and the gray clouds will fade. :)

KarenD said...

Was this Friday (7/28) any better?

KarenD said...

NEW POST, NEW POST, NEW POST!